The following statement is from the Press Office of the Communist Party of Ukraine. The YCL expresses our solidarity with the Communist Party of the Ukraine and the Ukrainian people. We oppose the meddling of the EU and the USA in the domestic affairs of a sovereign nation. Please see the original statement here.
Responsible for these deaths, for the bloodshed and violence in equal measure rests on power, which has brought the country and the people to “handle” on the leaders of the so-called opposition and the ultra-neo-nationalist militant organizations and foreign politicians, urges people to “radicalization of protests “and” fight to the bitter end. “
We demand that the government and leaders of the Maidan (the protests) to immediately remove themselves from the streets of Kiev, from across the country and to stop the use of force, to ensure non-interference in the internal affairs of Ukraine and foreign powers and to bring their representatives to the negotiating table.
Any attempts to create parallel structures of power as unconstitutional as is “People’s Parliament”, “interim president” and the like, will only strengthen the opposition and create a real threat to the escalating conflict in the Civil War. One part of the population will support the current government, and the other – the self-proclaimed so-called opposition, which will inevitably lead to a final split of Ukraine.
The Communist Party is ready to present concrete proposals to resolve the situation.
We believe it is necessary:
1. Declare Ukrainian referendum on the definition of foreign economic policy of Ukraine’s integration.
2. To carry out political reform, eliminate the institution of the president and install a parliamentary republic, significantly expand the rights of territorial communities.
3. Adopt a new electoral law and return a proportional system of elections of people’s deputies of Ukraine.
4. In order to overcome the administrative chaos and ensure strict control over the government and politicians to establish an independent civilian body – “National control” by giving it the broadest powers.
5. Hold judicial reform and introduce the institution of electing judges.
The Communist Party of Ukraine drew attention to the fact that from the very beginning we warned: the rejection of democratic mechanisms for solving social contradictions, a ban on a Ukrainian referendum, organized jointly with the power of so-called opposition, could be catastrophic.
There can still be a peaceful solution to the political crisis, we condemn extremism, we encourage people to stop, not to succumb to provocations and aim for constructive talks with the President, the leaders of political parties and public organizations.
Communist Party of Ukraine declares that there is no other way to stop the escalation of violence and save the country!
Communist Party of Ukraine Press office
Ukraine: The Untold Story