At the critical time for Britain, the Young Communist League is working to build our organization and support for socialist revolution among young workers. So this September, the EC are launching a new initiative – the Month of Action.
We want YCLers up and down the country to get involved and do at least one bit of public or propaganda work for the League.
The Month of Action also overlaps with the start of the academic year for universities and colleges. This is an excellent opportunity for comrades to target Fresher’s Fairs and hold stalls at schools and on campus.
We want all members to get involved in the month of action – whether you’re in school, working, unemployed or at uni we need you to do your bit for the League. Here are some things you can do:
- go back to basics and do some leafleting for the League (we’ll sort the leaflets and cover the costs of any printing)
- hold a stall in your community or on your campus (we can cover the cost of a campaign pack with a Party flag and leaflets)
- do a banner drop to drum up local support and get some press attention
- we would never suggest that you graffiti YCL slogans in your local area . . .
- hold a public meeting – pick a topic you think will interest other young people
- put the social back into Socialism and hold a fundraiser for the YCL!
These are just some of our suggestions, so feel free to be creative and let us know if you have any other ideas, or need us to sort out materials for you. Where possible, we want comrades to work in groups – so if you need to be put in touch with other YCLers, just contact us for help.
We want you to send us pictures of your activity either via Facebook or Twitter or to email@example.com.
At the end of September, we’ll be publishing an album showing YCLers getting active up and down the country and there will be prizes for the best activity.
When the capitalist class is intensifying its offensive, building our organisation in Britain is vital to equipping our movement with the tools to not only fight back, but fight to win.
For Peace, Jobs and Socialism!
Young Communist League