Communists believe homophobia is one of the ways that capitalism oppresses people. The campaign for LGBT rights and the fight against homophobia is part of the wider battle against all forms of oppression including racism and sexism.
Capitalism uses every possible division within society to set worker against worker in order to break our collective strength. Without workers’ unity there is no means for ordinary people to achieve our common aims.
So it is essential to build a strong communist and grass roots movement which represents the interests of the entire working class, to liberate humanity for this rotten system and build a socialist future free from oppression of the LGBT community.
That’s why Britain’s young communists say:
- Expose the ideologies used to perpetuate homophobia and divide working people.
- Support the LGBT community in their fight for equal rights in the workplace, in parenting and adoption, and in society as a whole.
- End homophobic bullying and discrimination in the workplace – and work to ensure our trade unions take up this challenge.
- Support local communist based organisations fighting for LGBT rights.
- Create a positive image of the LGBT community in our schools, colleges, and higher education – eradicate homophobia in our education system.
- Fight for a socialist Britain, where one class cannot exploit another and where all forms of oppression are consigned to the dustbin of history!