SOLIDARITY WITH ANTIFASCIST RESISTANCE IN UKRAINE!
Solidarity with Antifascist Resistance in Ukraine (SARU) is a broad-based campaign established in 2014 following the Maidan coup and imposition of a fascist and oligarch junta government in Ukraine, which the imperialist governments of the United Kingdom, United States and European Union have helped to install and maintain for their own economic, political and military interests.
The YCL and the Communist Party have been consistent supporters of this campaign and their sister party, the Communist Party of Ukraine, which has faced extreme physical violence as well as being made illegal by the corrupt and anti-democratic Kiev government, despite the fact that millions of Ukrainians support the Communists and voted for them in the last (democratic) election.
The campaign is exposing these criminal events, opposing their support from the British government and ignoring in the mass media, and fighting for peace and democratic rights in Ukraine.
The aims of SARU are the following:
- Opposition to the UK, US and EU backing for the far-right regime in Kiev.
- Opposition to militarism and physical terror in Ukraine, including NATO exercises on the border with Russia that threaten war, and the so-called Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) perpetrated by the Kiev government against Eastern Ukraine, causing thousands of civilian deaths.
- Opposition to the attacks on democratic rights and the repression of left-wing organisations in Ukraine.
- Support for the antifascist resistance in Ukraine, meaning Communists and other progressives who are struggling against the criminal regime.
- The bringing to justice of the killers of 42 people at the House of Trade Unions in Odessa on 2 May 2014.
Fight fascism in Ukraine by supporting or joining the YCL here.
Read about our latest activities here.
You can also visit the campaign’s website.